Sunday, November 11, 2007

Knit Over

I had a knit over with my six year old niece Friday night. It was so fun. She's all about learning how to knit and of course is already obsessed like me!

All she wanted to do was knit, knit, knit. We knit all night and all morning and we finished a scarf together. She would knit a couple rows and then I would knit one and if there were any mistakes I'd fix them - it was a good method.Then we made this flag/banner type thing out of the book I got her (FYI - it's a great book for kids to learn how to knit - check it out here).She learned how to cast on and bind off and I'm so impressed at how well she is doing!Isn't it so cute?!

8 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

What a great little knitter she is!

Cinnamonamon said...

How sweet! A what a cute little dress she has on! I used to enjoy my nieces & nephews...now I can hardly keep up with my own, lol.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That's great! She's doing so well :D

Lovemook said...

Hi there! Cute hats and booties, and great way to spend time with your neice! :)

hook and needle said...

I need a niece to knit with! I love the flags, they'd look so cute in a young lady's room.

Denise said...

Goodness, you got a lot of knitting done! I love the bunting (as we call it in England) or banner... so cute.

a friend to knit with said...

that looks like too much fun~!
i LOVE the banner!

kaetrn said...

sounds like a fabulous girl! i hope she teaches her friends how to knit...they could have a girls knitting club! love her scarf!