Friday, August 8, 2008

MY First Pair

YEY! I've knit socks a couple times before but this is the first pair I knit for ME!!!

I finished my Charades and I love them. Now I see what all the fuss is about with hand knit socks knit in yummy, high-end yarns. I think I'm hooked!

I never thought I'd be into sock knitting, mainly for fear of Second Sock Syndrome but I enjoyed this pair and pattern so much it was no problem at all. I even have yarn set aside for 2 more pairs just waiting for me to cast on.


************************************************************************

Pattern Source: Charade (free pattern download)
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino Wool Handpainted Fingering Weight
Needles: size 0
Size: Women's medium (fits my size 7s just fine)
Notes: Next time try it on 1s. The 0s made a pretty tight fitting sock for me and I might like it a bit looser next time.

17 comments:

peaknits said...

They look great! Are these your first socks? Really? They are pretty fabulous!

Heather said...

Gorgeous! Charades do knit up tight, so the size 1 needle would be just right.
Congrats on a beautiful pair and welcome to the addiction- oh yes, addiction, that is sock knitting!

Jennie said...

Congrats on you first pair! They look great. Be careful. Socks are addictive. :) heheh

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!

Philigry said...

love these. My sister has the most fab pattern for knee high cashmere socks. i am scared to knit socks though. I am not sure i will ever tackle them.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Great socks. I just made my first yarn purchase for socks for me. I'll have to tackle it now that I see how much you love yours.

Galadriel Thompson said...

Hey lady! I cannot wait to catch up on all the Knitterella that I have missed. Thanks for hanging in there with me: )

love and hugs

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the fuss. Before I made socks I just couldn't understand what the big deal was. Now I do make them, I'm seriously considering replacing my shoes with ones a size bigger to fit the socks in!

Sarah said...

Jill!!! They are fantastic!!!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

They look great!! I really want to try knitting socks. Maybe after the Ravelympics are finished :D

Lovemook said...

oh no!!! you too? what's up with people and socks...(waiting for peaknits to smack me...lightly).

Annie said...

Are they really addicting? I think I'll stay away...for now...
Love your second pic. Cute feet and my husband would be envious of your fab green grass :)

Anonymous said...

Great job Jill! Love the socks. Wish I could get hooked on them. Maybe I'll give them another try this winter.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pattern! I'm new to knitting and am always on the lookout for projects to try.

a friend to knit with said...

they are absolutely wonderful! so happy you now have your own pair!!

hook and needle said...

Yay for socks! I love the color. I find socks such a perfect background project when you get bored with other stuff and need a break. Congrats!

Oiyi said...

Very nice!! I still have yet to finish a pair.