Friday, December 5, 2008

Better Late, Then Never

I made these two hats for a friend of mine. She asked for them back in September and I thought they'd be done by end of October, but with the knitting lull I went through nothing was getting done. Oh well, better, late then never!


Hope her boys didn't already out grow them!

************************************************************************

Pattern Source: After making so many hats from Itty-Bitty, I kind of just made these as I went
Yarn: Berroco, Ultra Alpaca
Notes: I used the Duplicate Stitch (it's also called the Swiss Darning Stitch) method to create the skull and crossbones. If you want the the graphic that I created, feel free to download it for your personal use here.

8 comments:

Renee said...

Great hats, lucky boys!!

Anya said...

Hey there! I will need to order more of your gift tags after this holiday season! A

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the skull and cross bones hat. Lucky, lucky boys!

Philigry said...

i love the shape of these hats! awesome.

KeanaLee said...

So great! I love them!

Sara said...

These are great! Just out of curiosity, is the darning stitch very time consuming? I've thought of trying it, but got kind of overwhelmed with how much time it might take.

Anonymous said...

Hi!! You don't know me but I have been lookin around for some great ideas for handmade crafts and one of them was knitting or crocheting.. but i do not know how so i was wondering if you would be able to give me any advice or anything that can help.. id appreciate it.. thanks

Oiyi said...

It's awesome! I might have to make the skull one for the baby. Would be pretty cute on her.