Monday, August 22, 2011

FO: Maude Honeycomb Blanket

I finished my 'just-in-case-it's-a-boy' blanket! Oh how I LOVE the way my Maude Honeycomb Blanket turned out.


I actually miss working on this. This was a very relaxing and satisfying knit. It will definitely be a go-to knit for future baby blankets.


Tip: When I first started on this, I was cutting the yarn whenever I had a color change. About 25% of the way through I was starting to dread the thought of weaving in all the ends. I went to Ravelry and got some help from fellow Ravelry members that made this blanket. It was recommended that I just twist, and carry the yarn up the sides. The edges of the blanket are intended to roll so the yarn carries are practically hidden. This was a big help!


I was really curious to see what the back of the blanket would look like as well. I think it's quite pleasing. I just LOVE this knit!

************************************************************************

Pattern Source: "Maude Honeycomb Blanket" by Kristen Rengren from the Vintage Baby Knits book
Yarn: Berroco Comfort
Ravelry: More details at my Ravelry link HERE




7 comments:

margaux said...

beautiful!! it's one of my favorites :-)

ooey gooey knits said...

I love it too! It is so beautiful, and the colors are part of the reason why! LOVE LOVE!

Kel said...

That blanket is adorable! I love it!

Maryse said...

It's a very good looking baby boy blanket! That Vintage Baby Knits book seems to have many nice baby designs!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I love this blanket!! It looks great :)

WhitMc said...

I love this too! I made the same blanket for my niece (in pink and brown) and it is perfect. It is so cushy!

Samantha said...

Hi there. I found your post after looking up this pattern on ravelry. I'm thinking of making this for my little boy. Thanks for sharing a picture of the back. Your blanket is lovely!