Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In The 'D'

The show I did last weekend with French Press Knits at the Detroit Library (for The Yarn Harlot's event) was a success in so many ways.

(The cowl pattern shown here is a free one that you can down load from French Press Knits HERE)

First off, I have to say, that Melynda and I meet via Ravelry only the Wednesday before and next thing you knew I was driving to her house to meet her and carpool with her down to the big D. I was a little unsure about the whole thing but luckly she is just as crazy as me and we hit it off! We already want to make plans to see each other again.


(Me!)

Once we got there we had to throw our booths/tables up - mind you this was the first time either of us has done a show so we had no idea what we were doing!


(French Press Knits)

After a couple hours at our tables, with lots of happy knitters passing through, it was time for the main attraction - The Yarn Harlot! We listened to her speak and it was great. Lots of laughs too! After she spoke we got the chance to meet her and get a photo. She is just awesome. I want to drink a beer with her! - but only the 'good stuff', right Stephanie ;)


(Pictured here from left to right: Me, Yarn Harlot and French Press Knits)

A big thanks to French Press Knits for inviting me to go. (If all haven't already, you have to check out her great patterns) I can't wait until we can do it again! Thanks to everyone that stopped by to say 'Hi' - I met a lot of great people. And thanks to everyone that bought stationery. My new cards were a hit and got a lot of laughs. You guys are the best!


5 comments:

Philigry said...

that looks like so much fun! glad it was a great time. i love french press knits! my sister made me a pair of her felted slippers for christmas! I love them!

I hung up the tissue paper flowers with string and a little piece of tape.

French Press Knits said...

Awe...what a great post- I was so excited to see it up! Can't wait until our next meetup- hopefully very soon.

a friend to knit with said...

looks like a blast!!!!
your booths both look fantastic. congrats to you both!!!

Oiyi said...

Congrats on doing your show! It's very exciting, isn't it?

Sara said...

Congrats on your first show! Your booth looks great and I love the new cards.