Thursday, August 4, 2011

LOGO: Alaskan Purl

It was pretty ironic when Allison Haas of Alaskan Purl contacted me to do a logo for her. Ironic because just the week before I was admiring an Alluvia Felted Tote Bag that a friend at my knitting group just finished. Turns out, the adorable felted tote is one of Allison's many beautiful patterns. I was pretty excited to get an email from her asking for a new logo design.

Allison was a great art director on this project. She knew that she wanted to combine her love for her Alaskan surroundings and her passion for knitting. Through her direction I was so pleased to create a logo for her that reflected just that.




If you haven't already, be sure to check out Allison's blog Alaskan Purl. Along with her current pattern line (that you can see HERE) she has new patterns coming out this fall and winter. You've probably already seen one of her newest designs in the just released fall issue of Twist Collective. The name of the pattern is Footsie and it's really impressive!

As if that's not enough… she also told me that she is partnered with an indy dyer and working on an e-book of socks that will be released early in the new year. How exciting! Allison is definitely a talented to keep your eye out for in the knitting world.


************************************************************************

If you are looking for some graphic design work please check out my online portfolio at JillZielinskiDesigns.com. Ads, books, pattern layout, logos, yarn labels, you name it - doing design work for fellow knitters/crafters is my specialty! Feel free to contact me for rates and availability at jillzielinski@gmail.com


2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

That is a fantastic logo!

Allison said...

Yay! I still love it so much...every time I look at it, it makes me happy. :)