I finally finished this skirt! I started a few months ago. The fabric is a damask print corduroy that I picked up at Jo Anns and the pattern is Amy Butler's, Barcelona Skirt. I'm so proud of this skirt because I got this pattern hoping to use it for many skirts but my worry was the zipper. Well, I tell ya, I staired at my finished piece for a long time - I did really good (if I do say so myself)! The fit is good too and I plan to make more for spring and summer.
Ah yes, the books, well since December I've been splurging on books - sorry the pics not too good - anyways, I love design and craft books, as you can see, I don't have much will power for a good book with tons of inspiration:
• A Knitting Glossary with Elizabeth Simmermann DVD (there is so much info in this DVD, this was a good buy for sure)
• T-Shirt Style: Super-Easy New Looks in No Time (I love the idea of refashioning clothes that I already have in my closet - plus great projects for my serger)
• Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt (there are a couple skirts in here that you can make out of big 'ol t-shirts, I have to try this)
• Knitting Little Luxuries: Beautiful Accessories to Knit (LOVE the style of this book, so pretty to look at and some irresistible patterns in here, lots of embellishing too - my fav!)
• Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun (There is a shrug in here that I HAVE to make!)
• Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew (many projects that I want to make in here and I love the way it's written)
• KnitKnit: Profiles + Projects from Knitting's New Wave (love the stories in her, very inspirational, and I love the cover - wonder if I can get this as a poster?)
oooh, so many great projects and ideas I don't know what to start. But hopefully I'll be starting another ME project soon!