Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thread Inspired

I stumbled upon these the other day and fell in LOVE with them. Love them so much it inspired to me to dig out the old box of threads I got from my grandma when she passed. I've been holding onto this box for many years now. She is the one that taught me how to crochet when I was a very young girl - this project will be perfect.


I'm so pleased to have found my beloved box of threads. I also found a bunch of old hooks and this handkerchief with crocheted edging - she did tons of projects like this with beautiful edging.


All of WREN's work is so inspiring - just love her style. If you haven't seen her work you must go check it out. Her crochet pieces are my favorite.

I've got a few different projects I'm working on right now - really got my 'crafting itch' back - my mind is working full tilt with ideas and projects - I just need to find the time to do them!

4 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

oh, that box of threads is so inspiring! love all the colors and possibilities. it's so neat that you have that connecton with your grandma. the thread that connects you both.

Journeying Five said...

ooh! i can't wait to see the finished project, the necklace looks like it will be amazing!

ruthee... said...

Thread crochet can be so fun - your grandmother had a lovely range of colors!

free indeed said...

What a wonderful way to remember your grandma! That crocheted necklace will get admired and you'll be able to keep her memory alive.

By the way, I'm over from Mel's place to win those cool tags...sometimes people just don't appreciate handmade.